Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 3.5V to 36V Input Range
- 20µA Quiescent Current with DC-DC Controller Enabled
- Output Voltages
- 5V Output at 5A (High-Voltage Step-Down Controller, Buck 1)
- 3.3V Output at 3A (Step-Down Converter, Buck 2)
- 1.2V Output at 3A (Step-Down Converter, Buck 3)
- High-Frequency Operation
- 2.1MHz or Optional Divide-Down Operation for Buck 1
- Individual Enable Inputs and Reset Outputs
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16993 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount PCB that contains all the components necessary to evaluate the MAX16993 power-management IC (PMIC). The EV kit includes one high-voltage step-down controller and two low-voltage step-down converters.
The EV kit can operate from 3.5V to 36V input voltages and is optimized for automotive infotainment applications. The high-voltage controller is configured for a 5V output that provides at least 5A. The low-voltage step-down converters are configured for 3.3V and 1.2V, each providing up to 3A. The EV kit can be easily reconfigured to operate in continuous PWM mode, skip mode, or external synchronization operation.
The EV kit comes with a MAX16993AGJA/VY+ device installed, but is capable of evaluating other variants of the MAX16993 IC. Refer to the MAX16993 IC data sheet for external component selection.