Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 3.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range (EV Kit)
- 3.3V at 4A Output
- Fixed 2.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Configurable Forced-PWM and Skip-Mode Operation
- External Synchronization
- Power-Good Output (PG1)
- Overcurrent and Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automotive Infotainment
- Point-of-Load Applications
The MAX16962R evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that evaluates the MAX16962R high-efficiency synchronous PWM step-down converter with integrated high-side and low-side switches. The EV kit output is configured to 3.3V and delivers up to 4A output current. The EV kit circuit operates at the IC’s internally set 2.2MHz switching frequency.
The EV kit is designed to operate from a single DC power supply that provides 3.5V to 5.5V and up to 4A for normal operation. However, the IC has a 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range. The EV kit, shipped with a MAX16962RATEA/V+ in a 16-pin TQFN package with exposed pad, provides enhanced thermal dissipation.