Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +3.5V to +14V Input Voltage Range
- Fixed or Adjustable Output Voltage
- +3.33V (Fixed)
- +1.25V to VIN (Adjustable)
- Guaranteed 1A Output Current
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- 600kHz Fixed-Frequency PWM Operation
- Internal MOSFET Switch and Synchronous Rectifier
- 2µA IC Shutdown Current
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 2-Way Radios and Walkie-Talkies
- Cell Phones
- Computer Peripherals
- PDAs and Handy-Terminals
- Personal Communicators
The MAX1685 EV kit provides low quiescent current, synchronous rectification, and high efficiency (up to 95%) for maximum battery life. Operation at 600kHz allows the use of a tiny surface-mount inductor.
The MAX1685 EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX1684, which operates at 300kHz and has slightly higher efficiency than the MAX1685.