Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Synchronous Rectification for Improved Efficiency
- Operates Down to 0.7V Input Supply Voltage
- No External Schottky Diode Required (for multicell applications)
- Selectable Current Limit (0.5A or 1.0A)
- Damping Circuit Reduces EMI
- 16µA Quiescent Current
- 0.1µA Typical Shutdown Current
- Low-Battery Detector (LBI/LBO)
- 10-Pin µMAX® Package
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- 1- to 3-Cell Handheld Devices
- Handheld Computers
- Medical Devices
- RF Tags
- Wireless Phones
The MAX1676 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed circuit board. Three jumpers on the EV kit allow for easy access to the output voltage select, current limit, and shutdown features.
The output voltage is both adjustable and pin-selectable. A movable jumper selects either a 3.3V or 5.0V output, or it can be left open and a resistor network can be used to obtain a voltage in the 2V to 5.5V range. The inductor current limit is selectable for either 0.5A or 1.0A. In shutdown mode, the MAX1676 typically draws only 0.1µA.