Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Battery Range:
- 5.2V to 20V (MAX1630)
- 5.2V to 28V (MAX1631)
- 6.5V to 28V (MAX1632)
- 3.3V at 3A
- 12V at 120mA
- 5V at 3A
- 5V at 30mA Keep-Alive
- 1:4 Transformer (MAX1630)
1:2.2 Transformer (MAX1632)
- Adjustable 2.5V to 5.5V Outputs (optional resistor divider)
- Precision 2.5V Reference Output
- Oscillator Sync Input
- Low-Noise Mode Control Input (active-low SKIP)
- Power-Good Monitor (active-low RESET output)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Desktop CPU Local DC-DC Converters
- Notebook and Subnotebook Computers
- PDAs and Mobile Communicators
All three use the same PC board but have different components to accommodate different input voltage ranges. The main differences between the MAX1630 and MAX1632 EV boards are in the turns ratio (1:4 or 1:2.2) and in the location of the transformer connection (3.3V side or 5V side). Connecting the transformer to the 3.3V side allows lower input voltage. Connecting the transformer to the 5V side provides slightly better efficiency and lower stress voltages.
These circuits are configured to deliver up to 3A of output current on each of the main PWM outputs with greater than 90% efficiency. The MAX1630/MAX1631/MAX1632 EV kits can also be used to evaluate other output voltages.