Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.6V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Seven-Output Power Supply
- 3.3V at 1.3A (VCC_I/O)
- 2.5V at 900mA (VCC_MEM)
- 0.7 to 1.475V at 500mA (VCC_CORE) Software Adjustable
- 1.3V at 35mA (VCC_PLL)
- 1.1V at 40mA (VCC_SRAM)
- 0 to 3V at 35mA (VCC_USIM) Software Adjustable
- Backup Battery Supply (30mA)
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- On-Board Manual Reset Switch
- Optional On-Board Power-Sequencing Circuitry
- Power-OK Output
- SMBus/I²C-Compatible 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Software-Controlled Core and USIM Voltage Adjustment
- Assembled and Tested
- Include Windows 98SE/2000/XP-Compatible Software
- Also Evaluate the MAX1586B
- EV System Includes USB Connectivity
- Internet Appliances and Web-Books
- PDA, Palmtop, and Wireless Handhelds
- Third-Generation Smart Cell Phones
The MAX1586A evaluation system (EV system) consists of a MAX1586A evaluation kit (EV kit) and a companion Maxim CMAXQUSB board.
The Maxim SMBus™ interface board (CMAXQUSB) allows a PC to use its USB port to emulate an SMBus/I²C-compatible 2-wire interface. Windows® 98SE/2000/XP-compatible software provides a professional interface to exercise the features of the MAX1586A. The program is menu driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) with control buttons and a status display.
The MAX1586AEVCMAXQU includes both the EV kit and the CMAXQUSB interface board. Order the MAX1586A EV kit if you already have an SMBus interface.