Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 3.0V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Dynamically Selectable 1.5V/1.8V Output Voltage
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.7V to VIN
- Up to 3.6A Output Current
- Up to 1.4MHz Switching Frequency
- <0.2µA (typ) IC Shutdown Supply Current
- No External Schottky Diode Required
- Power-Good Output
- Surface-Mount Construction
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Active Termination Buses (MAX1993)
- Chipset/Graphics Cores
- DDR Memory Termination (MAX1993)
- Notebook Computers with Dual-Supply Voltages
The MAX1536 EV kit includes the MAX1536 step-down switching regulator with an internal synchronous rectifier to increase efficiency and reduce the number of external components. The resistor-programmable fixedoff- time, current-mode architecture allows an optimum response to load-and-line transients. This EV kit, as configured, operates at approximately 570kHz and is optimized for 3.3V input and 1.8V output.
The EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board. It also allows the evaluation of other output voltages in the 0.7V to VIN range.