Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- InTune™ Digital Point-of-Load (PoL) Switched-Mode Power Supply (SMPS) Controller
- Digital State-Space Control
- Dual-Edge-Modulated Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM)
- 300kHz to 1MHz Switching Frequency
- 5V to 14V Input Voltage Range Using Linear Mode
- 6.5V to 14V Input Voltage Range Using BabyBuck Mode
- 0.6V to 3.3V Output Voltage Range
- 25A Output Current Capability
- Pin-Strap or PMBus Configuration
- SMB Connectors for Low-Noise Measurements
- Connectors for Multiple-Rail Evaluation
- PMBus Interface for Control and Monitoring
The EV kit requires the use of the MAXPOWERTOOL002# which is not included and must be purchased separately.
- Base-Station Equipment
- Graphic Cards
- Power Modules
- Storage Systems
The MAX15301 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a proven application circuit design for the MAX15301 digital DC-DC controller integrated circuit (IC). The EV kit allows the user to easily modify and test the EV kit with different operating conditions. The EV kit can be used as a standalone board if desired. However, to take full advantage of the IC’s capability, the user must connect the EV kit to a PC with the Maxim PowerTool MAXPOWERTOOL002# USB-to-PMBus™ interface dongle and then control and monitor the EV kit with Maxim’s digital PowerTool graphical user interface (GUI) software. The PowerTool GUI allows a PC to control the PMBus interface and to collect real-time data from the EV kit. The PowerTool is Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, and Windows®7 compatible. It provides a simple interface for exercising the features of the IC.
The EV kit ships with the MAX15301AA02+CJK installed, but can also be used to evaluate other pin-compatible MAX15301xxxx ICs with replacement of U1. Request a free sample when ordering the EV kit.