Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Continuous 8A Output Current
- Efficiency up to 96%
- ±1% Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Operates from a 2.7V to 5.5V Supply
- Adjustable Output from 0.6V to 0.95 x VIN
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Safe Startup into Prebiased Output
- External Reference Input
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Stable with Low-ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Skip Mode or Forced PWM Mode
- Enable Input and Power-Good Output for Power-Supply Sequencing
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- Fully Protected Features Against Overcurrent and Overtemperature
- Input Undervoltage Lockout
- 20-Bump (4 x 5 Array), 2.5mm x 2mm, WLP Package
- Base Stations
- DDR Memory
- Distributed Power Systems
- Notebook Power
- Portable Devices
- Server Power
The IC utilizes a current-mode control architecture with a high gain transconductance error amplifier. The current-mode control architecture facilitates easy compensation design and ensures cycle-by-cycle current limit with fast response to line and load transients.
The regulator offers a selectable skip-mode functionality to reduce current consumption and achieve a higher efficiency at light output load. The low RDS(ON) integrated switches ensure high efficiency at heavy loads while minimizing critical inductance, making the layout design a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions. The IC's simple layout and footprint assures first-pass success in new designs.
The regulator features a 1MHz, factory-trimmed fixed-frequency PWM mode operation. The high switching frequency, along with the PWM current-mode architecture allows for a compact, all ceramic capacitor design.
The IC features a capacitor-programmable soft-start to reduce input inrush current. Internal control circuitry ensures safe-startup into a prebiased output. Power sequencing is controlled with the enable input and power-good output.
The IC is available in a 20-bump (4 x 5 array), 2.5mm x 2mm, WLP package and is fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.