Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Internal 30mΩ (typ) RDS(ON) High-Side and 18mΩ (typ) Low-Side MOSFETs at 5V
- Continuous 3A Output Current Over Temperature
- 96% Efficiency with 3.3V Output at 3A
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Operates from 2.7V to 5.5V Supply
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- Adjustable Output from 0.6V to Up to 0.94 x VIN
- Factory-Trimmed, 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Stable with Low-ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Safe-Startup Into Prebiased Output (Used for Power Tracking)
- External Reference Input for Tracking During Power-Up/Power-Down
- Skip-Mode Functionality
- Enable Input/Power-Good Output
- Fully Protected Against Overcurrent and Overtemperature
- Input Undervoltage Lockout
- Distributed Power Systems
- Notebook Power
- Portable Devices
- Preregulators for Linear Regulators
The MAX15088 uses a current-mode control architecture with a high gain transconductance error amplifier. The current-mode control architecture facilitates easy compensation design and ensures cycle-by-cycle current limit with fast response to line and load transients.
The MAX15088 offers selectable skip-mode functionality to reduce current consumption and achieve a higher efficiency at light output load. The low RDS(ON) integrated switches ensure high efficiency at heavy loads while minimizing critical inductances, making the layout design a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions. Using a simple layout and footprint assures first-pass success in new designs.
The MAX15088 features a 1MHz, factory-trimmed, fixed-frequency PWM mode operation. The high switching frequency, along with the PWM current-mode architecture, allows for a compact, all-ceramic capacitor design.
The MAX15088 offers an external reference input that can be used for tracking the device startup into a PREBIAS output and offers a PGOOD open-drain output that can be used as an interrupt for power sequencing.
The MAX15088 is available in a 9-bump (3 x 3 array), 1.5mm x 1.5mm WLP package and is specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.