Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 3.3V, 1A, 500kHz Step-Down Converter
- 5V, 50mA LDO Regulator
- LDO Voltage Adjustable Up to 11V
- Independent Turn On/Off Control for Step-Down Converter (EN_SW)
- Regulator Power-On Reset with Adjustable Timeout Period
- 84% High Efficiency at VIN = 12V and IOUT = 1A
- Automatic PWM/PFM Mode
- Overcurrent and Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX15015A normally operates as a PWM converter and automatically switches to PFM mode at light loads to improve efficiency. The MAX15015A switching frequency is preset to 500kHz and features a SYNC input to provide external frequency synchronization for sensitive applications. The EV kit provides PCB pads to evaluate the SYNC and ENABLE features of the MAX15015A. The EV kit board can also be used to evaluate the MAX15015B. The MAX15015A can operate over the automotive temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.