Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Precision Monitoring of +2.5V, +3V, +3.3V, and +5V Power-Supply Voltages
- Available in Four Reset Output Configurations
- Factory-Set Reset Threshold Voltages: 2.18V, 2.31V, 2.55V, 2.88V, 3.06V, 4.12V, 4.37V, 4.62V
- ±2.5% Reset Threshold Accuracy Over Temperature
- Fixed Reset Timeout Period: 100ms (min)
- Guaranteed RESET/active-low RESET Valid to VCC = +1V
- Debounced Manual Reset Detect (MXD1813/MXD1818)
- Power-Supply Transient Immunity
- No External Components
- Low Power Consumption (4µA)
- Pin Compatible with DS181_ Products (SOT23)
- 3-Pin SC70 and SOT23 Packages
- Computers and Controllers
- Critical µP and µC Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
- Set-Top Boxes
These circuits assert a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage declines below a preset threshold, keeping reset asserted for at least 100ms after VCC rises above the reset threshold. The MXD1813/MXD1818 also keep reset asserted for at least 100ms after the output is momentarily pulled to GND by an external push-button switch.
The MXD1812/MXD1817 have an active-high push-pull RESET output. The MXD1810/MXD1815 (push-pull) and MXD1811/MXD1813/MXD1816/MD1818 (open-drain) have an active-low RESET output. The open-drain devices (MXD1811/MXD1813/MXD1816/MXD1818) have an internal pullup resistor to VCC. The MXD1813/MXD1818 feature a debounced manual reset feature that asserts a reset if the active-low RESET pin is pulled low for more than 1.5µs. When used to initiate manual reset, active-low RESET debounces signals from devices such as mechanical switches. For devices with this feature, the release of the external switch triggers the reset period.
The MXD1810–MXD1813/MXD1815–MXD1818 are guaranteed to output the correct logic state for VCC down to +1V. These ICs provide a reset comparator designed to ignore fast transients on VCC. Reset thresholds are available between +2.18V and +4.62V. These small, low-power (4µA) devices are ideal for use in portable equipment. All are available in space-saving 3-pin SC70 and SOT23 packages, and are specified from -40°C to +105°C.