Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- µMAX Package, Small 8-Pin SO
- Precision Supply-Voltage Monitors
- 2.63V (MAX706P/R, MAX706AP/AR, and MAX708R)
- 2.93V (MAX706S, MAX706AS, and MAX708S)
- 3.08V (MAX706T, MAX706AT, and MAX708T)
- 200ms Reset Time Delay
- Debounced TTL/CMOS-Compatible Manual Reset Input
- 100µA Quiescent Current
- WDI Disable Feature (MAX706AP/AR/AS/AT)
- Watchdog Timer: 1.6s Timeout
- Reset Output Signal:
- Active-High Only (MAX706P, MAX706AP)
- Active-Low Only (MAX706R/S/T, MAX706AR/AS/AT)
- Active-High and Active-Low (MAX708R/S/T)
- Voltage Monitor for Power-Fail or Low-Battery Warning
- 8-Pin Surface-Mount Package
- Guaranteed active-low RESET Assertion to VCC = 1V
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- Critical µP Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Instruments
The MAX706P/R/S/T and MAX706AP/AR/AS/AT supervisory circuits provide the following four functions:
- 1) A reset output during power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions.
2) An independent watchdog output that goes low if the watchdog input has not been toggled within 1.6s.
3) A 1.25V threshold detector for power-fail warning, low-battery detection, or for monitoring a power supply other than the main supply.
4) An active-low, manual-reset input.
The MAX708R/S/T provide the same functions as the MAX706R/S/T and MAX706AR/AS/AT except they do not have a watchdog timer. Instead, they provide both active-low RESET and RESET outputs. As with the MAX706, devices with R, S, and T suffixes have reset thresholds of 2.63V, 2.93V, and 3.08V, respectively.
These devices are available in 8-pin SO, DIP, and µMAX® packages and are fully specified over the operating temperature range.