Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.8% Accurate Adjustable Threshold Over Temperature
- Operate from VCC of 1.5V to 5.5V
- Capacitor-Adjustable Delay
- Active-High/-Low Enable Input Options
- Active-High/-Low Output Options
- Open-Drain (28V Tolerant)/Push-Pull Output Options
- Low Supply Current (10µA, typ)
- Fully Specified from -40°C to +125°C
- Ultra-Small 6-Pin µDFN Package or Thin SOT23 Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified (MAX6896AAZT/V+, MAX6895AAZT/V+T, and MAX6897AAZT/V+ Only)
- Critical µP Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Medical Equipment
- Portable Equipment
- Set-Top Boxes
A high-impedance input with a 0.5V threshold allows an external resistive divider to set the monitored threshold. The output asserts (OUT = high or active-low OUT = low) when the input voltage rises above the 0.5V threshold and the enable input is asserted (ENABLE = high or active-low ENABLE = low). When the voltage at the input falls below 0.5V or when the enable input is deasserted (ENABLE = low or active-low ENABLE = high), the output deasserts (OUT = low or active-low OUT = high). All devices provide a capacitor-programmable delay time from when the input rises above 0.5V to when the output is asserted. The MAX689_A versions provide the same capacitor-adjustable delay from when enable is asserted to when the output asserts. The MAX689_P devices have a 1µs propagation delay from when enable is asserted to when the output asserts.
The MAX6895A/P offers an active-high enable input and an active-high push-pull output. The MAX6896A/P offers an active-low enable input and an active-low push-pull output. The MAX6897A/P offers an active-high enable input and an active-high open-drain output. Finally, the MAX6898A/P offers an active-low enable input and an active-low open-drain output. The MAX6899A/P offers an active-low enable with an active-high push-pull output.
All devices operate from a 1.5V to 5.5V supply voltage and are fully specified over the -40°C to +125°C operating temperature range. These devices are available in ultra-small 6-pin µDFN (1.0mm x 1.5mm) and thin SOT23 (1.60mm x 2.90mm) packages.