Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 6 Configurable Input Voltage Detectors
- Programmable Thresholds 0.5V to 3.05V (in 10mV Increments) or 1V to 5.8V (in 20mV Increments)
- Primary UV and Secondary UV/OV Thresholds
- One Configurable Watchdog Timer from 6.25ms to 102.4s
- Configurable Active-Low RESET, Active-Low UV/Active-Low OV, and Active-Low WDO Outputs
- Three Programmable Outputs
- Open-Drain or Weak Pullup Active-Low RESET, Active-Low UV/Active-Low OV, and Active-Low WDO
- Active-Low Output Logic
- Timing Delays from 25µs to 1600ms
- Margining Disable and Manual Reset Controls
- Internal 1.25V Reference or External Reference Input
- 10-Bit Internal ADC Samples the Input Voltage Detectors, VCC and Auxiliary Input
- 512-Bit User EEPROM
- Endurance: 100,000 Erase/Write Cycles
- Data Retention: 10 Years
- SMBus/I²C-Compatible Serial Configuration/Communication Interface
- ±1% Threshold Accuracy
- Multimicroprocessor/Voltage Systems
- Networking Systems
- Servers and Workstations
- Storage Equipment
- Telecommunication/Central Office Systems
- Wireless Base Stations
Each voltage-detector input offers a programmable primary undervoltage and secondary undervoltage/overvoltage threshold. Voltage-detector inputs IN1–IN6 monitor voltages from 1V to 5.8V in 20mV increments or 0.5V to 3.05V in 10mV increments.
Programmable outputs active-low RESET, active-low UV/active-low OV, and active-low WDO provide system resets/interrupts. Programmable output options include open-drain or weak pullup. Programmable timing delay blocks configure each output to wait between 25µs and 1600ms after their respective assertion-causing conditions have been cleared. A fault register logs condition-causing events (undervoltage, overvoltage, manual reset, etc.).
An internal 10-bit, 1% accurate ADC (MAX6884 only) converts the voltages at IN1–IN6, AUXIN, and VCC through a multiplexer that automatically sequences through all inputs every 200ms. An SMBus™/I²C-compatible serial data interface programs and communicates with the configuration EEPROM, configuration registers, internal 512-bit user EEPROM, and reads the ADC registers (MAX6884 only) and fault registers.
The MAX6884/MAX6885 are available in a 5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm 20-pin thin QFN package and operate over the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C).