Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Six (MAX6874) or Four (MAX6875) Configurable Input Voltage Detectors
- One High-Voltage Input (+1.25V to +7.625V or +2.5V to +13.2V Thresholds)
- One Voltage Input (+1.25V to +3.05V or +2.5V to +5.5V)
- Four (MAX6874) or Two (MAX6875) Positive Voltage Inputs (+0.5V to +3.05V or +1V to +5.5V)
- Four (MAX6874) or Three (MAX6875) General-Purpose Logic Inputs
- Two Configurable Watchdog Timers
- Eight (MAX6874) or Five (MAX6875) Programmable Open-Drain Outputs
- Active-High or Active-Low
- Timing Delays from 25µs to 1600ms
- Margining Disable and Manual-Reset Controls
- 4kb Internal User EEPROM
- Endurance: 100,000 Erase/Write Cycles
- Data Retention: 10 Years
- I²C/SMBus-Compatible Serial Configuration/Communication Interface
- ±1% Threshold Accuracy
- Multimicroprocessor/Voltage Systems
- Networking Systems
- Servers and Workstations
- Storage Equipment
- Telecommunication/Central Office Systems
- Wireless Base Stations
All voltage detectors offer configurable thresholds for undervoltage detection. One high-voltage input (IN1) provides detector threshold voltages from +2.5V to +13.2V in 50mV increments, or from +1.25V to +7.625V in 25mV increments. A second positive input (IN2) provides detector threshold voltages from +2.5V to +5.5V in 50mV increments, or from +1.25V to +3.05V in 25mV increments. Positive inputs (IN3-IN6) provide detector threshold voltages from +1V to +5.5V in 20mV increments, or from +0.5V to +3.05V in 10mV increments.
Programmable output stages control power-supply sequencing or system resets/interrupts. Program the open-drain outputs as active-high or active-low. Programmable timing delay blocks configure each output to wait between 25µs and 1600ms before deasserting.
An SMBus™/I²C-compatible serial data interface programs and communicates with the configuration EEPROM, the configuration registers, and the internal 4kb user EEPROM of the MAX6874/MAX6875.
The MAX6874/MAX6875 are available in a 7mm x 7mm x 0.8mm, 32-pin TQFN package and operate over the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C).