Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- User-Adjustable Thresholds for Monitoring Single-Cell Li+ or Multicell Alkaline/NiCd/NiMH Applications
- Single and Dual Low-Battery Output Options
- Independent µP Reset with Manual Reset
- Factory-Set Reset Thresholds for Monitoring 1.8V to 3.3V Systems
- Available with 150ms (min) or 1.2s (min) VCC Reset Timeout Period Options
- 150ms (min) Active-Low LBO Timeout Period
- Immune to Short-Battery Voltage Transients
- Low Current (2.5µA, typ at 3.6V)
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- Small 8-Pin SOT23 Packages
- Battery-Powered Systems (Single-Cell Li+ or Multicell NiMH, NiCd, Alkaline)
- Cell Phones/Cordless Phones
- Digital Cameras
- Electronic Toys
- MP3 Players
- Portable Medical Devices
The MAX6846–MAX6849 are ideal for single-cell lithium-ion (Li+) or multicell alkaline/NiCd/NiMH applications. When the battery voltage drops below each adjusted low threshold, the low-battery outputs are asserted to alert the system. When the voltage rises above the adjusted high thresholds, the outputs are deasserted after a 150ms minimum timeout period, ensuring the voltages have stabilized before power circuitry is activated or providing microprocessor reset timing.
These devices have user-adjustable battery threshold voltages, providing a wide hysteresis range to prevent chattering that can result due to battery recovery after load removal. Single low-battery outputs are supplied by the MAX6846/MAX6847 and dual low-battery outputs are supplied by the MAX6848/MAX6849. All battery monitors have open-drain low-battery outputs.
The MAX6846–MAX6849 monitor system voltages (VCC) from 1.8V to 3.3V with seven fixed reset threshold options. Each device is offered with two minimum reset timeout periods of 150ms or 1200ms. The MAX6846/MAX6848 are offered with an open-drain active-low RESET output and the MAX6847/MAX6849 are offered with a push-pull active-low RESET output.
The MAX6846–MAX6849 are offered in a SOT23 package and are fully specified over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range.