Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Factory-Set Reset Threshold Voltages for Monitoring Supplies from 0.9V to 1.5V (MAX6841/MAX6842)
- Adjustable Threshold RESET IN (MAX6843/MAX6844/MAX6845)
- Low Power Consumption: 5.7µA (typ)
- ±2.5% Reset Threshold Accuracy Over Temperature
- Five Timeout Periods: 150µs (Voltage Detector Version), 1.5ms, 30ms, 210ms, and 1.68s
- Available in Three Output Configurations
- Push-Pull active-low RESET
- Push-Pull RESET
- Open-Drain active-low RESET
- Guaranteed Reset Valid to VCC = 0.55V (Active Low)
- Manual Reset Input
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- Space-Saving 5-Pin SOT23 Package
- Critical µP and µC Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
- Servers and Workstations
- Telecom/Networking Equipment
- Wireless Base Stations
The MAX6841–MAX6845 assert a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage declines below a preset or adjustable threshold or whenever manual reset (active-low MR) is asserted. Reset remains asserted for a fixed timeout delay after VCC has risen above the reset threshold and when manual reset is deasserted. Five timeout periods are available for each part: 150µs (voltage detector version), 1.5ms, 30ms, 210ms, and 1.68s (typ).
The MAX6841/MAX6843 have an active-low push-pull reset output. The MAX6841/MAX6842/MAX6844 have an active-high push-pull reset output, and the MAX6842/MAX6845 have an active-low open-drain reset output. The active-low open-drain reset output requires a pullup resistor that can be connected to a voltage from 0 to VCC.
The low supply current (5.7µA) and small package (SOT23-5) make the MAX6841–MAX6845 ideal for use in portable equipment.