Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Factory-Set Reset Threshold Voltages for Nominal Supplies from 1.2V to 1.8V
- Low Power Consumption: 7.5µA (typ)
- Space-Saving 3- and 4-Pin SC70 Packages
- ±2.5% Reset Threshold Accuracy Over Temperature
- Five Different Timeout Periods Available: 70µs (voltage detector), 1.5ms, 30ms, 210ms, and 1.68s
- Three Reset Output Configurations
- Push-Pull active-low RESET
- Push-Pull RESET
- Open-Drain active-low RESET
- Guaranteed Reset Valid to VCC =
- Adjustable Threshold Reset-In Option
- Manual Reset Input Option
- Immune to Short Negative VCC Transients
- Pin Compatible with MAX803/MAX809/MAX810, MAX6711/MAX6712/MAX6713, and MAX6381–MAX6390 Series
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Critical µP and µC Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
These devices assert a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage declines below a preset threshold or whenever manual reset (active-low MR) is asserted. Reset remains asserted for a fixed timeout delay after VCC has risen above the reset threshold or when manual reset is deasserted. Five different timeout periods are available: 70µs (voltage detector), 1.5ms, 30ms, 210ms, and 1.68s. Reset thresholds suitable for operation with a variety of supply voltages are available.
The MAX6832/MAX6835/MAX6838 have a push-pull active-low reset output (active-low RESET). The MAX6833/MAX6836/MAX6839 have a push-pull active-high reset output (RESET) and the MAX6834/MAX6837/MAX6840 have an open-drain active-low reset output (active-low RESET). The open-drain active-low reset output requires a pullup resistor that can be connected to a voltage higher than VCC.
The MAX6835/MAX6836/MAX6837 feature a debounced manual reset input (active-low MR), while the MAX6838/MAX6839/MAX6840 provide a RESET-IN input allowing the user to externally adjust the reset threshold. The reset comparator is designed to ignore fast transients on VCC.
Low supply current of 7.5µA makes the MAX6832–MAX6840 ideal for use in portable equipment. These devices are available in 3- and 4-pin SC70 packages.