Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1% Accurate Threshold Specified Over Full Temperature Range
- Dual-/Triple-/Quad, Low-Battery Output Options
- Low 5.7µA Battery Current
- Open-Drain or Push-Pull Outputs
- Fixed or Adjustable Hysteresis
- Low Input Bias Current
- Guaranteed Valid Low-Battery-Output Logic State Down to VBATT = 1.05V
- Reverse-Battery Protection
- Immune to Short Battery Transients
- Fully Specified from -40°C to +85°C
- Small TDFN and TQFN Packages
- Battery-Powered Systems (Single-Cell Li+ or Multicell NiMH, NiCd, Alkaline)
- Cell Phones/Cordless Phones
- Electronic Toys
- MP3 Players
- Portable Medical Devices
The MAX6782/MAX6783 offer four battery monitors in a single package with factory-set (0.5%, 5%, 10%) or adjustable hysteresis. The MAX6784/MAX6785 provide three battery monitors with factory-set (0.5%, 5%, 10%) or adjustable hysteresis. The MAX6786/MAX6787/MAX6788 offer two battery monitors with external inputs for setting the rising and falling thresholds, allowing external hysteresis control. The MAX6789/MAX6790 feature quad-level overvoltage detectors with complementary outputs.
The MAX6782MAX6790 are offered with either open-drain or push-pull outputs. The MAX6782/MAX6784/MAX6786/MAX6789 are available with push-pull outputs while the MAX6783/MAX6785/MAX6787/MAX6790 are available with open-drain outputs. The MAX6788 is available with one open-drain output and one push-pull output (see the Selector Guide in the full data sheet). This family of devices is offered in space-saving TDFN and TQFN packages and is fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.