Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.0%-Accurate Threshold Specified Over Temperature
- Single/Dual, Low-Battery Output Options
- Low 3µA Battery Current
- Open-Drain or Push-Pull Low-Battery Outputs
- Fixed or Adjustable Hysteresis
- Low-Input Leakage Current Allows Use of Large Resistors
- Guaranteed Valid Low-Battery-Output Logic State Down to VBATT = 1V
- Immune to Short Battery Transients
- Fully Specified from -40°C to +85°C
- Small 5-Pin SC70 or Ultra-Small 6-Pin µDFN (1mm x 1.5mm) Package
- Battery-Powered Systems (Single-Cell Li+ or Multicell NiMH, NiCd, Alkaline)
- Cell Phones/Cordless Phones
- Electronic Toys
- MP3 Players
- Portable Medical Devices
These devices are available in several versions: with single- or dual-voltage monitors, and with fixed or adjustable hysteresis. The MAX6775/MAX6776 offer a single battery monitor and factory-set hysteresis of 0.5%, 5%, or 10%. The MAX6779/MAX6780/MAX6781 have two battery monitors in a single package and factory-set hysteresis of 0.5%, 5%, or 10%. The MAX6777/MAX6778 offer a single battery monitor with external inputs for the rising and falling thresholds, allowing external hysteresis control.
For convenient interface with system power circuitry or microprocessors, both open-drain and push-pull outputs are available. The single-channel devices are available with open-drain or push-pull outputs. The dual-channel devices are available with both outputs open-drain, both outputs push-pull, or one of each (see the Selector Guide in the full data sheet). This family of devices is offered in small 5-pin SC70 and ultra-small 6-pin µDFN packages, and is fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.