Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- VCC1 (primary supply) Reset Threshold Voltages from 1.58V to 4.63V
- VCC2 (secondary supply) Reset Threshold Voltages from 0.79V to 3.08V
- Externally Adjustable RSTIN Threshold for Auxiliary/Triple-Voltage Monitoring (0.62V internal reference)
- Watchdog Timer Option
- 35s (min) Long Startup Period
- 1.12s (min) Normal Timeout Period
- Manual Reset Input Option
- Power-Fail Input/Power-Fail Output Option (Push-Pull and Open-Drain Active-Low)
- Guaranteed Reset Valid Down to VCC1 or VCC2 = 0.8V
- Reset Output Logic Options
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- Low Supply Current 14µA (typ) at 3.6V
- Small 5, 6, and 8-Pin SOT23 Packages
- Industrial Equipment
- Multivoltage Systems
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
- Printers and Faxes
- Set-Top Boxes
- Telecom/Networking Equipment
These devices monitor primary supply voltages (VCC1) from 1.8V to 5.0V and secondary supply voltages (VCC2) from 0.9V to 3.3V with factory-trimmed reset threshold voltage options (see Reset Voltage Threshold Suffix Guide). An externally adjustable RSTIN input option allows customers to monitor a third supply voltage down to 0.62V. These devices are guaranteed to be in the correct reset output logic state when either VCC1 or VCC2 remains greater than 0.8V.
A variety of push-pull or open-drain reset outputs along with watchdog input, manual reset input, and power-fail input/output features are available (see Selector Guide). Select reset timeout periods from 1.1ms to 1120ms (min) (see Reset Timeout Period Suffix Guide). The MAX6715-MAX6729 are available in small 5, 6, and 8-pin SOT23 packages and operate over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.