Low-Voltage, High-Accuracy, Quad Voltage Monitors in µMAX Package
DescriptionThe MAX6709/MAX6714 quad voltage monitors provide accurate monitoring of up to four supplies without any external components. A variety of factory-trimmed threshold voltages and supply tolerances are available to optimize the MAX6709/MAX6714 for specific applications. The selection includes input options for monitoring 5.0V, 3.3V, 3.0V, 2.5V, and 1.8V voltages. Additional high-input-impedance comparator options can be used as adjustable voltage monitors, general-purpose comparators, or digital-level translators.
The MAX6709 provides four independent open-drain outputs with 10µA internal pullup to VCC. The MAX6714 provides an active-low, open-drain active-low RESET output with integrated reset timing and three power-fail comparator outputs.
Each of the monitored voltages is available with trip thresholds to support power-supply tolerances of either 5% or 10% below the nominal voltage. An internal bandgap reference ensures accurate trip thresholds across the operating temperature range.
The MAX6709 consumes only 35µA (typ) of supply current. The MAX6714 consumes only 60µA (typ) of supply current. The MAX6709/MAX6714 operate with supply voltages of 2.0V to 5.5V. An internal undervoltage lockout circuit forces all four digital outputs low when VCC drops below the minimum operating voltage. The four digital outputs have weak internal pullups to VCC, accommodating wire-ORed connections. Each input threshold voltage has an independent output. The MAX6709/MAX6714 are available in a 10-pin µMAX® package and operate over the extended (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range.
- Monitor Four Power-Supply Voltages
- Precision Factory-Set Threshold Options for 5.0V, 3.3V, 3.0V, 2.5V, and 1.8V (Nominal) Supplies
- Adjustable Voltage Threshold Monitors Down to 0.62V
- High-Accuracy (±2.0%) Adjustable Threshold Inputs
- Low Supply Current
- MAX6709: 35µA
- MAX6714: 60µA
- Four Independent, Active-Low, Open-Drain Outputs with 10µA Internal Pullup to VCC
- 140ms (min) Reset Timeout Period (MAX6714 only)
- 2.0V to 5.5V Supply Voltage Range
- Immune to Supply Transients
- Fully Specified from -40°C to +85°C
- Small 10-Pin µMAX Package
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Data Storage Equipment
- High-End Printers
- Multivoltage Systems
- Network Equipment
|Part Number||Interface||Reset Thresh.|
|Reset Out||tRESET||Watchdog Feature||Supervisor Features||Reset Thresh. Accur.|
|min||@ +25°C||max||See Notes|
|<1ms||No Watchdog||Adjustable Reset Input||2.5||50|
|MAX6714||85ms to 300ms|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|