Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Factory-Trimmed VBATT Threshold Options for Monitoring Single-Cell Li+ or Multicell Alkaline/NiCd/NiMH Applications
- Immune to Short Battery Voltage Transients
- Low Current (2.5µA typ at 3.6V)
- Single and Dual Low-Battery Output Options
- 150ms Minimum Active-Low LBO Timeout Period
- Independent µP Reset with Manual Reset
- Factory-Set Reset Thresholds for Monitoring VCC from 1.8V to 3.3V
- Available with 150ms (min) and 1.2s (min) VCC Reset Timeout Period Options
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- Small 6- and 8-Pin SOT23 Packages
- No External Components
- Battery-Powered Systems (Single-Cell Li+ or Multicell NiMH, NiCd, Alkaline)
- Cell Phones/Cordless Phones
- Electronic Toys
- MP3 Players
- Portable Medical Devices
The MAX6439–MAX6442 are offered with several factory-trimmed low-battery threshold combinations ideal for single-cell lithium-ion (Li+) or multicell alkaline/NiCd/NiMH applications. When the battery voltage drops below each specified low threshold, the low-battery outputs are asserted to alert the system. When the voltage rises above the specified high thresholds, the outputs are deasserted after a 150ms minimum timeout period, ensuring the voltages have stabilized before power circuitry is activated or providing microprocessor reset timing. The low and high thresholds provide hysteresis in battery-operated systems to eliminate output chattering.
The MAX6439/MAX6440 offer factory-trimmed battery monitors with a single output. The MAX6441/MAX6442 offer factory-trimmed battery monitors with dual outputs. All battery monitors have open-drain low-battery outputs.
The MAX6439–MAX6442 monitor system voltages (VCC) from 1.8V to 3.3V with seven fixed reset threshold options. Each device is offered with two minimum reset timeout periods of 150ms or 1200ms. The MAX6439/MAX6441 are offered with an open-drain active-low RESET output and the MAX6440/MAX6442 are offered with a push-pull active-low RESET output.
The MAX6439–MAX6442 are offered in a SOT23 package and are fully specified over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range.