Voltage Detectors in 4-Bump (2 x 2) Chip-Scale Package
Low-Power Voltage Detectors in 4-Bump Chip Scale Package
DescriptionThe MAX6406–MAX6411 is a family of ultra-low power circuits used for monitoring battery, power-supply, and regulated system voltages. Each detector contains a precision bandgap reference comparator and is trimmed to specified trip threshold voltages. These devices provide excellent circuit reliability and low cost by eliminating external components and adjustments when monitoring system voltages from 2.5V to 5.0V. A manual reset input is also included.
The MAX6406–MAX6411 assert a signal whenever the VCC supply voltage falls below a preset threshold. These devices are differentiated by their output logic configurations and preset threshold voltages. The MAX6406/MAX6409 (push-pull) and the MAX6408/MAX6411 (open-drain) have an active-low output (active-low OUT is logic low when VCC is below VTH). The MAX6407/MAX6410 have an active-high push-pull output (OUT is logic high when VCC is below VTH). All parts are guaranteed to be in the correct output logic state for VCC down to 1V. The detector is designed to ignore fast transients on VCC. The MAX6406/MAX6407/MAX6408 have voltage thresholds between 2.20V and 3.08V in approximately 100mV increments. The MAX6409/MAX6410/MAX6411 have voltage thresholds between 3.30V and 4.63V in approximately 100mV increments.
Ultra-low supply current of 500nA (MAX6406/MAX6407/MAX6408) makes these parts ideal for use in portable equipment. These devices are available in 4-bump chip-scale packages (UCSP™).
- Tiny 4-Bump (2 x 2) UCSP (See UCSP Reliability Section for More Details).
- 70% Smaller Than SC70 Packages
- Ultra-Low 500nA Supply Current (MAX6406/MAX6407/MAX6408)
- Factory-Trimmed Reset Thresholds from 2.20V to 4.63V in Approximately 100mV Increments
- ±2.5% Threshold Accuracy (-40°C to +85°C)
- Manual Reset Input
- Guaranteed OUT Valid to VCC = 1.0V
- Three Reset Output Logic Options: Active-Low Push-Pull, Active-High Push-pull, and Active-Low Open-Drain
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- No External Components
- Cell Phones
- MP3 Players
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
|Part Number||Reset Thresh.|
|Reset Out||tRESET||Watchdog Feature||Supervisor Features||Reset Thresh. Accur.|
|(min)||(@ +25°C)||(max)||(See Notes)|
|<1ms||No Watchdog||Manual Reset||2.5||0.5|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|