Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Ultra-Small 4-Bump (2 x 2) UCSP (See UCSP Reliability Section for More Details).
- 70% Smaller Than SC70 Package
- Ultra-Low 500nA (typ) Supply Current (MAX6400/MAX6401/MAX6402)
- Factory-Trimmed Reset Thresholds from 2.20V to 4.63V in Approximately 100mV Increments
- ±2.5% Threshold Accuracy -40°C to +85°C
- Factory-Set 100ms (min) Reset Timeout Period
- Manual Reset Input
- Guaranteed Reset Valid to VCC = 1.0V
- Three Reset Output Logic Options: Active-Low Push-Pull, Active-High Push-Pull, and Active-Low Open-Drain.
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- No External Components
- Cell Phones
- MP3 Players
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
The MAX6400–MAX6405 assert a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage falls below a preset threshold. These devices are differentiated by their output logic configurations and preset threshold voltages. The MAX6400/MAX6403 (push-pull) and the MAX6402/MAX6405 (open-drain) have an active-low reset (active-low RESET is logic low when VCC is below VTH). The MAX6401/MAX6404 have an active-high push-pull output (RESET is logic high when VCC is below VTH). All parts are guaranteed to be in the correct output logic state for VCC down to 1V. The reset circuits designed to ignore fast transients on VCC. The MAX6400/MAX6401/MAX6402 have voltage thresholds between 2.20V and 3.08V in approximately 100mV increments. The MAX6403/MAX6404/MAX6405 have voltage thresholds between 3.30V and 4.63V in approximately 100mV increments.
Ultra-low supply current of 500nA (MAX6400/MAX6401/MAX6402) makes these parts ideal for use in portable equipment. These devices are available in 4-bump chip-scale packages (UCSP™)