µP Supervisory Circuits in 4-Bump (2 x 2) Chip-Scale Package
Low-Power Microprocessor Supervisor in 4-Bump Chip Scale Package
DescriptionThe MAX6400–MAX6405 is a family of ultra-low power microprocessor (µP) supervisory circuits used for monitoring battery, power-supply, and regulated system voltages. Each device contains a precision bandgap reference comparator and is trimmed to specified trip threshold voltages. These devices provide excellent circuit reliability and low cost by eliminating external components and adjustments when monitoring system voltages from 2.5V to 5.0V. A manual reset input is also included.
The MAX6400–MAX6405 assert a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage falls below a preset threshold. These devices are differentiated by their output logic configurations and preset threshold voltages. The MAX6400/MAX6403 (push-pull) and the MAX6402/MAX6405 (open-drain) have an active-low reset (active-low RESET is logic low when VCC is below VTH). The MAX6401/MAX6404 have an active-high push-pull output (RESET is logic high when VCC is below VTH). All parts are guaranteed to be in the correct output logic state for VCC down to 1V. The reset circuits designed to ignore fast transients on VCC. The MAX6400/MAX6401/MAX6402 have voltage thresholds between 2.20V and 3.08V in approximately 100mV increments. The MAX6403/MAX6404/MAX6405 have voltage thresholds between 3.30V and 4.63V in approximately 100mV increments.
Ultra-low supply current of 500nA (MAX6400/MAX6401/MAX6402) makes these parts ideal for use in portable equipment. These devices are available in 4-bump chip-scale packages (UCSP™)
- Ultra-Small 4-Bump (2 x 2) UCSP (See UCSP Reliability Section for More Details).
- 70% Smaller Than SC70 Package
- Ultra-Low 500nA (typ) Supply Current (MAX6400/MAX6401/MAX6402)
- Factory-Trimmed Reset Thresholds from 2.20V to 4.63V in Approximately 100mV Increments
- ±2.5% Threshold Accuracy -40°C to +85°C
- Factory-Set 100ms (min) Reset Timeout Period
- Manual Reset Input
- Guaranteed Reset Valid to VCC = 1.0V
- Three Reset Output Logic Options: Active-Low Push-Pull, Active-High Push-Pull, and Active-Low Open-Drain.
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- No External Components
- Cell Phones
- MP3 Players
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
|Part Number||Reset Thresh.|
|Reset Out||tRESET||Watchdog Feature||Supervisor Features||ICC|
|85ms to 300ms||No Watchdog||Manual Reset||1|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|