High-Accuracy µP Reset Circuit
µP Supervisor Provides the Highest Accuracy at 1%
DescriptionThe MAX6394 low-power CMOS microprocessor (µP) supervisory circuit is designed to monitor power supplies in µP and digital systems. It offers excellent circuit reliability by providing 1% accurate thresholds over temperature and by eliminating external components and adjustments. The MAX6394 also provides a debounced manual reset input.
This device performs a single function: it asserts a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage falls below a preset threshold or whenever manual reset is asserted. Active-low RESET remains asserted for an internally programmed interval (reset timeout period) after VCC has risen above the reset threshold or manual reset is deasserted. The MAX6394's open-drain active-low RESET output can be pulled up to a voltage higher than VCC.
The MAX6394 comes with factory-trimmed reset threshold voltages from 2.4V to 4.8V. Preset timeout periods of 0.7ms, 14ms, 105ms, and 826ms are also available. The device comes in a SOT143 package.
- ±0.6% Threshold Accuracy at TA = +25°C
- ±1.0% Threshold Accuracy from -40°C to +125°C
- Small SOT143 Package
- Open-Drain Active-Low RESET Output Can Exceed VCC
- Precision, Factory-Set VCC Reset Thresholds: Nine Options from 2.4V to 4.8V
- Four Reset Timeout Periods Available: 0.7ms, 14ms, 105ms, and 826ms (minimum)
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- 5µA Supply Current
- AEC-Q100 Qualified, Refer to Ordering Information for Specific /V Part
- Critical µP and µC Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable/Battery-Powered Equipment
|Part Number||Reset Thresh.|
|Reset Out||tRESET||Watchdog Feature||Supervisor Features||Reset Thresh. Accur.|
|min||@ +25°C||max||See Notes|
|No Watchdog||Manual Reset||0.6||15|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|