Pin-Selectable Watchdog Timers
DescriptionThe MAX6369–MAX6374 are pin-selectable watchdog timers that supervise microprocessor (µP) activity and signal when a system is operating improperly. During normal operation, the microprocessor should repeatedly toggle the watchdog input (WDI) before the selected watchdog timeout period elapses to demonstrate that the system is processing code properly. If the µP does not provide a valid watchdog input transition before the timeout period expires, the supervisor asserts a watchdog (active-low WDO) output to signal that the system is not executing the desired instructions within the expected time frame. The watchdog output pulse can be used to reset the µP or interrupt the system to warn of processing errors.
The MAX6369–MAX6374 are flexible watchdog timer supervisors that can increase system reliability through notification of code execution errors. The family offers several pin-selectable watchdog timing options to match a wide range of system timing applications:
- Watchdog startup delay: provides an initial delay before the watchdog timer is started.
- Watchdog timeout period: normal operating watchdog timeout period after the initial startup delay.
- Watchdog output/timing options: open drain (100ms) or push-pull (1ms).
- Precision Watchdog Timer for Critical µP Applications
- Pin-Selectable Watchdog Timeout Periods
- Pin-Selectable Watchdog Startup Delay Periods
- Ability to Change Watchdog Timing Characteristics Without Power Cycling
- Open-Drain or Push-Pull Pulsed Active-Low Watchdog Output
- Watchdog Timer Disable Feature
- +2.5V to +5.5V Operating Voltage
- 8µA Low Supply Current
- No External Components Required
- Miniature 8-Pin SOT23 Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified (MAX6369KA/V+ and MAX6374KA/V+ Only)
- Critical µP and Microcontroller (µC) Monitoring
- Embedded Control Systems
- Industrial Controllers
|Part Number||Watchdog Feature||Watchdog Timeout||Watchdog Startup Delay||Watchdog Output||ICC|
Technical DocumentsApp Note 1865 Different Ways to Use a MAX6369 Series Watchdog Timer
App Note 582 Watchdog Timer Assumes Varied Roles
Breakout/Adapter Boards: SOT-23-5
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|