Open-Drain SOT µP Reset Circuit
Open-Drain Output SOT Reset IC with Customized Reset Thresholds and Timeout Delays
DescriptionThe MAX6315 low-power CMOS microprocessor (µP) supervisory circuit is designed to monitor power supplies in µP and digital systems. It provides excellent circuit reliability and low cost by eliminating external components and adjustments. The MAX6315 also provides a debounced manual reset input.
This device performs a single function: it asserts a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage falls below a preset threshold or whenever manual reset is asserted. Reset remains asserted for an internally programmed interval (reset timeout period) after VCC has risen above the reset threshold or manual reset is deasserted. The MAX6315's open-drain active-low RESET output can be pulled up to a voltage higher than VCC.
The MAX6315 comes with factory-trimmed reset threshold voltages in 100mV increments from 2.5V to 5V. Preset timeout periods of 1ms, 20ms, 140ms, and 1120ms (minimum) are also available. The device comes in a SOT143 package.
For microcontrollers (µCs) and µPs with bidirectional reset pins, see the MAX6314 data sheet.
- Supervisory Circuit Ensures Reliable System Operation with Minimal Power Consumption
- Precision, Factory-Set VCC Reset Thresholds: 100mV Increments from 2.5V to 5V
- Four Reset Timeout Periods Available: 1ms, 20ms, 140ms, or 1120ms (min)
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- Open-Drain active-low RESET Output Can Exceed VCC
- Guaranteed Over Temperature
- 5µA Supply Current
- Pin Compatible with MAX811
- Saves Space
- 4-Pin SOT143 Package
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Critical µP and µC Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
|Part Number||Reset Thresh.|
|Reset Out||tRESET||Watchdog Feature||Supervisor Features||Reset Thresh. Accur.|
|min||@ +25°C||max||See Notes|
|No Watchdog||Manual Reset||1.8||12|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|