68HC11/Bidirectional-Compatible µP Reset Circuit
Industry's Only Motorola 68HCxx/Bidirectional-Compatible SOT Reset IC
DescriptionThe MAX6314 low-power CMOS microprocessor (µP) supervisory circuit is designed to monitor power supplies in µP and digital systems. The MAX6314's active-low RESET output is bidirectional, allowing it to be directly connected to µPs with bidirectional reset inputs, such as the 68HC11. It provides excellent circuit reliability and low cost by eliminating external components and adjustments. The MAX6314 also provides a debounced manual reset input.
This device performs a single function: it asserts a reset signal whenever the VCC supply voltage falls below a preset threshold or whenever manual reset is asserted. Reset remains asserted for an internally programmed interval (reset timeout period) after VCC has risen above the reset threshold or manual reset is deasserted.
The MAX6314 comes with factory-trimmed reset threshold voltages in 100mV increments from 2.5V to 5V. Preset timeout periods of 1ms, 20ms, 140ms, and 1120ms (minimum) are also available. The device comes in a SOT143 package.
For a µP supervisor with an open-drain reset pin, see the MAX6315 data sheet.
- Small SOT143 Package
- Active-Low RESET Output Simplifies Interface to Bidirectional Reset I/Os
- Precision Factory-Set VCC Reset Thresholds:
- 100mV Increments from 2.5V to 5V
- ±1.8% Reset Threshold Accuracy at TA = +25°C
- ±2.5% Reset Threshold Accuracy over temp.
- Four Reset Timeout Periods Available:
- 1ms, 20ms, 140ms, or 1120ms (minimum)
- Immune to Short VCC Transients
- 5µA Supply Current
- Pin-Compatible with MAX811
- Computers: Desktop, Workstation, Server
- Critical µP and µC Power Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
|Part Number||Reset Thresh.|
|Reset Out||tRESET||Watchdog Feature||Supervisor Features||Reset Thresh. Accur.|
|min||@ +25°C||max||See Notes|
|No Watchdog||Manual Reset||1.8||12|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|