Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Dual Circuits
- Full-Featured Solution (-60V to +90V)
- Minimum Parts-Count Solution (0 to +60V)
- Robust Reverse-Battery Protection (Circuit 1)
- Positive Input Supply Voltage Protection Range Extended Beyond +90V (Circuit 1)
- Fixed Undervoltage/Overvoltage Thresholds Minimize External Component Count
- MAX16128: UVLO = +3V, OVLO = +18.6V
- MAX16129: UVLO = +8.13V, OVLO = +15V
- Cold-Crank Monitoring
- Enable Input/Flag Output
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16128/MAX16129 evaluation kits (EV kits) demonstrate high overvoltage protection of the MAX16128/MAX16129 for automotive applications that must survive load-dump and high-voltage transient conditions. The fully assembled and tested surface-mount EV kit board provides two circuits: One full-featured solution and one minimum parts-count circuit. The full-featured solution exercises all the features of the devices and allows -60V to +90V protection beyond the 3V to 30V operating range. The minimum parts-count solution provides a cost-effective option using a small 3A, dual MOSFET and reduced 0 to +60V voltage range.
The EV kits can also evaluate various versions of the devices with different internally set undervoltage/overvoltage thresholds. Contact the factory to order different versions of the MAX16128 or MAX16129 devices and refer to Tables 2–5 and the Selector Guide and Ordering Information in the MAX16128/MAX16129 IC data sheet for details on device selection.