Simplified Block Diagram
- Operates from 2.8V to 14V
- 1% Accurate, 10-Bit ADC Monitors 6 Voltage Inputs
- Analog EN Monitoring Input
- 6 Monitored Inputs with Overvoltage and Undervoltage Limits
- Nonvolatile Fault Event Logger
- Six General-Purpose Inputs/Outputs Configurable as:
- Dedicated Fault Output
- Watchdog Timer Function
- Manual Reset
- SMBus Alert
- Fault Propagation Input/Output
- SMBus and JTAG Interface
- Supports Cascading with MAX16065/MAX16066
- Flash-Configurable Time Delays and Thresholds
- -40°C to +85°C Extended Operating Temperature Range
- Networking Equipment
- Storage/RAID Systems
- Telecom Equipment (Base Stations, Access)
The internal 1% accurate, 10-bit ADC measures each input and compares the result to one overvoltage and one undervoltage limit. A fault signal asserts when a monitored voltage falls outside the set limits.
The MAX16068 supports a power-supply voltage of up to 14V and can be powered directly from the 12V intermediate bus in many systems.
The MAX16068 includes six programmable general-purpose inputs/outputs (GPIOs). GPIOs are flash configurable as a fault output, as a watchdog input or output, or as a manual reset.
The MAX16068 features nonvolatile fault memory for recording information during system shutdown events. The fault logger records a failure in the internal flash and sets a lock bit protecting the stored fault data from accidental erasure.
An SMBus™ or a JTAG serial interface configures the MAX16068. The MAX16068 is available in a 28-pin, 5mm × 5mm, TQFN package and is fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.