Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Operate from 3V to 14V
- 1% Accurate 10-Bit ADC Monitors 12/8 Inputs
- 12/8 Monitored Inputs with One Overvoltage/One Undervoltage/One Selectable Limit
- Nonvolatile Fault Event Logger
- Power-Up and Power-Down Sequencing Capability
- 12/8 Outputs for Sequencing/Power-Good Indicators
- Closed-Loop Tracking for Up to Four Channels
- Two Programmable Fault Outputs and One Reset Output
- Six General-Purpose Input/Outputs Configurable as:
- Dedicated Fault Output
- Watchdog Timer Function
- Manual Reset
- I²C/SMBus-Compatible and JTAG Interface
- EEPROM-Configurable Time Delays and Thresholds
- 100 Bytes of Internal User EEPROM
- 56-Pin (8mm x 8mm) TQFN Package
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Storage Systems
An internal 1% accurate 10-bit ADC measures each input and compares the result to one upper, one lower, and one selectable upper or lower limit. A fault signal asserts when a monitored voltage falls outside the set limits. Up to three independent fault output signals are configurable to assert under various fault conditions.
The integrated sequencer/tracker allows precise control over the power-up and power-down order of up to twelve (MAX16047A) or up to eight (MAX16049A) power supplies. Four channels (EN_OUT1–EN_OUT4) support closed-loop tracking using external series MOSFETs. Six outputs (EN_OUT1–EN_OUT6) are configurable with charge-pump outputs to directly drive MOSFETs without closed-loop tracking.
The MAX16047A/MAX16049A include six programmable general-purpose inputs/outputs (GPIOs). In addition to serving as EEPROM-configurable I/O pins, the GPIOs are also configurable as dedicated fault outputs, as a watchdog input or output (WDI/WDO), or as a manual reset (active-low MR).
The MAX16047A/MAX16049A feature two methods of fault management for recording information during critical fault events. The fault logger records a failure in the internal EEPROM and sets a lock bit protecting the stored fault data from accidental erasure.
An I²C/SMBus™-compatible or a JTAG serial interface configures the MAX16047A/MAX16049A. These devices are offered in a 56-pin, 8mm x 8mm TQFN package and are fully specified from -40°C to +125°C.