Low-Power μP Supervisory Circuits with Battery-Backup Circuit and Chip-Enable Gating
Industry's Most Sophisticated Battery-Backup Supervisory Circuits with Chip-Enable Gating and Power-Supply Monitoring
DescriptionThe MAX16016/MAX16020/MAX16021 supervisory circuits monitor power supplies, provide battery-backup control, and chip-enable (CE) gating to write protect memory in microprocessor (µP)-based systems. These low-power devices improve system reliability by providing several supervisory functions in a small, single integrated solution.
The MAX16016/MAX16020/MAX16021 perform four basic system functions:
- Provide a µP reset output during VCC supply power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions.
- Control VCC to battery-backup switching internally to maintain data or low-power operation for memories, real-time clocks (RTCs), and other digital logic when the main power is removed.
- Provide memory write protection through internal chip-enable gating during brownout.
- Provide a combination of additional supervisory functions listed in the Features section in the full data sheet.
The MAX16016/MAX16020/MAX16021 are available in small TDFN/TQFN packages and are fully specified for an operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
- System Monitoring for 5V, 3.3V, 3V, 2.5V, or 1.8V Power-Supply Voltages
- 1.53V to 5.5V Operating Voltage Range
- Low 1.2µA Supply Current (0.25µA in Battery-Backup Mode)
- 145ms (min) Reset Timeout Period
- Battery Freshness Seal
- On-Board Gating of CE Signals, 1.5ns Propagation Delay (MAX16020/MAX16021)
- Debounced Manual Reset Input
- Watchdog Timer, 1.2s (typ) Timeout
- Power-Fail Comparator and Low-Line Indicator for Monitoring Voltages Down to 0.6V
- Battery-On, Battery-OK, and Battery Test Indicators
- Small 10-Pin TDFN or 16-Pin TQFN Packages
- GPS Systems
- Industrial Control
- Main/Backup Power for RTCs, CMOS Memories
- Point-of-Sale Equipment
- Portable/Battery Equipment
- Set-Top Boxes
|Part Number||Reset Thresh.|
|5||-40 to +85|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|