Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Fixed Thresholds for 5V, 3.3V, 3V, 2.5V, 1.8V, 1.5V, 1.2V, and 0.9V Systems
- Adjustable Thresholds Monitor Voltages Down to 0.4V
- Open-Drain Outputs with Internal Pullups Reduce the Number of External Components
- Fixed 140ms (min) or Capacitor-Adjustable Reset Timeout
- Manual Reset, Margin Enable, and Tolerance Select Inputs
- Watchdog Timer
- 1.6s (typ) Timeout Period
- 54s Startup Delay After Reset (Except MAX16005)
- Independent Watchdog Output (MAX16005)
- Active-Low RESET Output Indicates All Voltages Present
- Independent Voltage Monitors
- Guaranteed Correct Logic State Down to VCC = 1V
- Small (4mm x 4mm) TQFN Package
- TSSOP (5mm x 4.4mm) Package (MAX16005)
- AEC-Q100 Qualified (MAX16001ATE/V+ and MAX16001DTE/V+ Only)
- Multivoltage ASICs
- Networking/Telecommunication Equipment
- Storage Equipment
The MAX16000/MAX16001/MAX16003/MAX16004/MAX16006 offer independent outputs for each monitored voltage. The MAX16001/MAX16002/MAX16004–MAX16007 offer a reset output that asserts whenever any of the monitored voltages fall below their respective thresholds or the manual reset input is asserted. The reset output remains asserted for the reset timeout after all voltages are above their respective thresholds and the manual reset input is deasserted. The minimum reset timeout is internally set to 140ms or can be adjusted with an external capacitor.
All open-drain outputs have internal 30µA pullups that eliminate the need for external pullup resistors. However, each output can be driven with an external voltage up to 5.5V. Other features offered include a manual reset input, a tolerance pin for selecting 5% or 10% input thresholds, and a margin enable function for deasserting the outputs during margin testing.
The MAX16001/MAX16002/MAX16004–MAX16007 offer a watchdog timer that asserts active-low RESET or an independent watchdog output (MAX16005) when the watchdog timeout period (1.6s typ) is exceeded. The watchdog timer can be disabled by leaving the input open.
These devices are offered in 12-, 16-, 20-, and 24-lead TQFN and 16-lead TSSOP packages. These are fully specified from -40°C to +125°C.