Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Automatically restarts microprocessor after power failure
- Monitors pushbutton for external override
- Internal circuitry debounces pushbutton switch
- Maintains reset for 350ms after VCC returns to an in-tolerance condition or pushbutton released
- Accurate 5%, 10%, or 15% microprocessor 5V power supply monitoring
- Reduces need for discrete components
- Precision temperature-compensated voltage reference and voltage sensor
- Low-cost TO-92 package or surface-mount SOT-223 package
- Internal 5kΩpull-up resistor
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
The DS1233 EconoReset monitors two vital conditions for a microprocessor: power supply and external override. A precision temperature-compensated reference and comparator circuit are used to monitor the status of the power supply (VCC). When an out-of-tolerance condition is detected, an internal power-fail signal is generated which forces reset to the active state. When VCC returns to an in-tolerance condition, the reset signal is kept in the active state for approximately 350ms to allow the power supply and processor to stabilize. The second function of the DS1233 is pushbutton reset control. The DS1233 debounces a pushbutton closure and will generate a 350ms reset pulse upon release.