Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Input Voltage Protection up to +28V
- Integrated nFET Switch
- Reverse Voltage Protection with External pFET
- Enable Input
- Preset Overvoltage Protection Trip Level
- 5.8V (MAX4970)
- 6.35V (MAX4971)
- 4.65V (MAX4972)
- Low-Current Undervoltage-Lockout Mode
- Short-Circuit Protection (Autoretry)
- Internal 15ms Startup Delay and Retry Times
- Input-Voltage Power-Good Logic Output
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- 2mm x 1.5mm, 12-Bump WLP Package
- Cell Phones
- Digital Still Cameras
- MP3 Players
- PDAs and Palmtop Devices
All switches feature a 2.3A (min) current-limit protection. During a short-circuit occurrence, the device operates in an autoretry mode where the internal MOSFET is turned on to check if the fault has been removed. The autoretry interval time is 15ms, and if the fault is removed, the MOSFET remains on.
The MAX4970/MAX4971/MAX4972 feature an enable input (active-low EN) that controls the operation of the internal nFET as well as the optional external pFET. The use of active-low EN allows the external pFET to block reverse voltages independent of any signal present at the output.
The overvoltage thresholds (OVLO) are preset to 4.65V (MAX4972), 5.8V (MAX4970), or 6.35V (MAX4971). The undervoltage thresholds (UVLO) are preset to 2.45V. When the input voltage drops below the UVLO, the devices enter a low-current standby mode.
All devices are offered in a small 12-bump, WLP package and operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.