Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Overvoltage Protection Up to +28V
- ±2.5% Accurate Externally Adjustable OVLO/UVLO Thresholds
- Battery Switchover pFET Control
- Protection Against Incorrect Power Adapter
- Low (100µA Typ) Supply Current
- 25ms Input Debounce Timer
- 25ms Blanking Time
- 10-Pin (2mm x 2mm) µDFN Packages
The MAX4959/MAX4960 control an external battery switchover pFET (P2) (see Figures 4 and 6 in the full data sheet) that switches in the battery when the AC adapter is unplugged. The undervoltage and overvoltage trip levels can be adjusted with external resistors.
The input is protected against ±15kV HBM ESD when bypassed with a 1µF ceramic capacitor to ground. All devices are available in a small 10-pin (2mm x 2mm) µDFN and are specified for operation over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.