Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Overvoltage Protection Up to 28V
- Preset 5.6V Overvoltage Trip Level
- Internal 525mA Current-Limited Switch
- ±1.2% Accurate Battery Disconnect (4.2V)
- Drives Low-Cost n-Channel MOSFET
- Internal 50ms Startup Delay
- Overvoltage/Undervoltage-Fault Active-Low FLAGV Indicator
- Battery-Voltage-Trip Active-Low BAT_OK Indicator
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Tiny 10-Pin TDFN Package
- Cell Phones
- Digital Still Cameras
- MP3 Players
- PDAs and Palmtop Devices
The MAX4880 internal current-limited switch limits the charge current flowing to the battery to 525mA. The switch opens when the battery voltage reaches its full-charged state (4.2V), and a flag (active-low BAT_OK) asserts to notify the processor. The MAX4880 includes a switch-control input (CB) to turn off the internal current-limited switch, regardless of the battery voltage.
The MAX4880 also features a built-in startup delay that allows the adapter voltage to settle down before turning on the MOSFET. Other features include 15kV ESD protection for the input and a shutdown function (active-low EN) to turn off the external n-channel MOSFET.
The MAX4880 is available in a space-saving 10-pin TDFN package and is specified for operation over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.