Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Overvoltage Protection Up to +28V
- Reverse Polarity Protection Down to -28V
- Preset Overvoltage (OV) Trip Level (7.4V, 6.35V, 5.8V, 4.65V)
- Drive Low-Cost Complementary MOSFET
- Internal 50ms Startup Delay
- Internal Charge Pump
- 8.5µA Standby Current (In UVLO Mode)
- 0.4µA Shutdown Current
- Overvoltage Fault FLAG Indicator
- 6-Pin (2mm x 2mm) µDFN and 6-Pin SOT23 Packages
- Cell Phones
- Digital Still Cameras
- MP3 Players
- PDAs and Palmtop Devices
The overvoltage thresholds are preset to +7.4V (MAX4864L), +6.35V (MAX4865L), +5.8V (MAX4866L), and +4.65V (MAX4867). When the input voltage drops below the undervoltage lockout (UVLO) threshold, the devices enter a low-current standby mode (8.5µA). Also in shutdown (EN-bar set to logic-high), the current is reduced further (0.4µA). The MAX4864L/MAX4865L/MAX4866L have a +2.85V UVLO threshold, and the MAX4867 has a +2.5V UVLO threshold.
In addition, a ±15kV ESD protection is provided to the input when bypassed with a 1µF capacitor to ground. All devices are offered in a small 6-pin SOT23 and a 6-pin, 2mm x 2mm µDFN package, and are specified for operation over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.