USB Type-C CC-Pin Overvoltage Protector
Protect the CC (or SBU) Lines in USB Type-C from a High-Voltage Short or Surge Event
DescriptionThe MAX20323, MAX20323A, MAX20323B, MAX20323C, MAX20323D, MAX20323E, MAX20323F overvoltage protectors feature internal overvoltage threshold and surge protection to turn off the switches and prevent damage to USB type-C CC/SBU pins.
The devices have two channels switches with 0.27Ω (typ) on-resistance that are turned on when inputs are below overvoltage threshold. When overvoltage threshold is exceeded on one of the channels, the corresponding switch is turned off and replaced by an accurate pullup current to output (CC1_O/CC2_O) that is sourced from input (CC1_I/CC2_I). (The MAX20323A/C/F does not have pullup current feature).
The devices are available in a 12-bump (0.4mm pitch, 1.7mm x 1.32mm) WLP package and operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Flexible System Design
- Wide Operating Supply Voltage Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Integrated 270mΩ (typ) Switch per Channel with 1A Continuous Current Capability
- Low Supply Current of 20µA (typ) when CC Inputs Are Under Overvoltage Threshold
- Accurate Pullup Currents to CC Outputs When CC Inputs Exceed Overvoltage Threshold (Except MAX20323A/C/F)
- Reliable Protection
- Accurate OVLO Threshold: 5.75V±0.2V
- Surge Immunity:
- MAX20323/A/B: Over ±90V
- MAX20323C/D/E/F: ±80V with No VENCC or ±60V with Valid VENCC
- Ultra Fast Turn Off: 100ns (typ) Response Time
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Space Saving
- 12-Bump 0.4mm Pitch 1.7mm x 1.32mm WLP
- Industrial PCs
- Smart Phones
|Over Voltage Trip Level|
|Over Volt. Flag||tGATE (On)|
|5.75||5.75||Open-Drain||4||0.2||-40 to +85|
|See All Overvoltage Protection Controllers (78)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|