Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Accurate USB Bus Forward Current Threshold
- Low RON 0.14Ω (max) USB Power Switch
- 0.65A (typ), MAX16942E
- 1.0A (typ), MAX16943E
- 1.3A (typ), MAX16944E
- 5.57V (typ) Fixed HVBUS Protection Trip Threshold
- Two RON 4Ω (typ) USB 2.0 Data Switches
- 480Mbps or 12Mbps USB 2.0 Operation
- Short-to-Battery and Short-to-GND Protection on Protected HVBUS Output
- Short-to-Battery and Short-to-BUS Protection on Protected HVD+ and HVD- Outputs
- 10ms Fault Recovery Time
- 1ms Overcurrent Blanking Time
- Integrated Overcurrent Autoretry
- High ESD Protection (HVD+, HVD-, HVBUS)
- ±15kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV IEC 61000-4-2 Air Gap
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact
- 16-Pin (3.90mm x 4.94mm) QSOP Package
- -40°C to +105°C Operating Temperature Range
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Automotive USB Protection
The MAX16942E/MAX16943E/MAX16944E provide high ESD and short-circuit protection for the low-voltage internal USB data and USB power line in automotive radio, navigation, connectivity, and USB hub applications. The MAX16942E/MAX16943E/MAX16944E support both USB Hi-Speed (480Mbps) and USB full-speed (12Mbps) operation.
The short-circuit protection features include short-to-battery on the protected HVBUS, HVD+, and HVD- outputs, as well as short to HVBUS on the protected HVD+ and HVD- outputs. The MAX16942E/MAX16943E/MAX16944E are capable of a short-to-battery condition of up to +18V. Short-to-GND protection and overcurrent protection are also provided on the protected HVBUS output to protect the internal BUS power rail from an overcurrent fault.
The MAX16942E/MAX16943E/MAX16944E feature high ESD protection to ±15kV Air Gap and ±8kV Contact on all protected HVBUS, HVD+, and HVD- outputs.
The MAX16942E/MAX16943E/MAX16944E feature a low on-resistance (RON), 0.14Ω(max) USB power switch, and two low on-resistance (RON) of 4Ω (typ) USB 2.0 switches. These devices also feature an enable input, a fault output, a 10ms fault-recovery time, a 1ms overcurrent blanking time, and an integrated overcurrent autoretry.
The MAX16942E/MAX16943E/MAX16944E are available in a lead-free, 16-pin QSOP package and operate over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.