8V to 60V Smart Dual 1.5A Circuit Breaker with Accurate Current Monitoring
Smallest Footprint, Smart High-Voltage Dual-Channel 1.5A eFuse
The MAX15162/MAX15162A devices are dual-channel circuit-breaker ICs. The devices integrate a dual-channel controller with dual 140mΩ (in WLP, 180mΩ in TQFN) power MOSFETs and electronic circuit-breaker protection in a single package.
These devices feature constant power control during startup to keep the MOSFET operating under Safe Operating Area (SOA). The devices provide robust overcurrent protection with programmable current-limit level, and adjustable overcurrent shutdown delay for better immunity against system noises and load transient. The current monitoring pins provide a current sense accuracy of ±3% for each channel. When there is short-circuit at the output, a fast current limit comparator turns off MOSFETs within 200ns to isolate the load from the input. During a fault condition, the MAX15162A enters auto-retry mode and the MAX15162 enters latch off mode. For both devices, the ALRT pin asserts a fault indication. The MAX15162/MAX15162A can be configured as two independent channels or two parallel channels for one common output.
The devices feature a number of protection features including; IN-to-OUT short-circuit protection, output short-circuit protection, startup watchdog timer, input undervoltage lockout and internal overtemperature protection.
The MAX15162/MAX15162A are available in a 24-pin, 4mm x 4mm TQFN package and 16-bump, 2mm x 2mm WLP package and are rated over the -40°C to +105°C operation temperature range.
- 8V to 60V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Integrated Dual-Power MOSFET
- Turn-On Resistance 140mΩ (WLP), 180mΩ (TQFN) MOSFET
- Dual-Channel Independent or Parallel Mode Configuration
- ± 3% Accuracy Current Reporting on Individual Channel
- Enable Inputs for Individual Channels
- Constant Power Control at Startup
- Startup Watchdog Timer
- Startup IN-to-OUT Short Protection
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Fault Status indication
- Multilevel Overcurrent Limit Protection
- Built in Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Programmable Current Limiting Level
- Programmable Overcurrent Shut-down Delay time
- Programmable Auto-Retry Time (MAX15162A)
- Latch Off in a Fault Event (MAX15162)
- Auto-retry in a Fault Event (MAX15162A)
- 24-pin, 4mm x 4mm TQFN or 16-bump, 2mm x 2mm WLP
- Radio Access Point System
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|