High-Current Overvoltage Protectors with Adjustable OVLO
High-Current OVP for Mid-to-Low-Tier Portable Devices
DescriptionThe MAX14738/MAX14739 overvoltage protection devices feature a low 76mΩ (typ) on-resistance (RON) internal FET and protect low-voltage systems against voltage faults up to +36V. When the input voltage exceeds the overvoltage threshold, the internal FET is turned off to prevent damage to the protected components.
The overvoltage protection threshold can be adjusted with optional external resistors to any voltage between 4V and 20V. With the OVLO input set below the external OVLO select voltage, the devices automatically choose the accurate internal trip thresholds. The internal overvoltage thresholds (OVLO) are preset to 6.8V (typ) (MAX14738) or 10V (typ) (MAX14739). The devices are also protected against overcurrent events by an internal thermal shutdown.
The MAX14738/MAX14739 are offered in a small, 6-bump 1.3mm x 0.9mm wafer-level package (WLP) with an exposed pad and operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Protects High-Power Portable Devices
- Wide Operating Input-Voltage Protection from +2.2V to +36V
- 3A Continuous-Current Capability
- Integrated 76mΩ (typ) nMOSFET Switch
- Flexible Overvoltage Protection Design
- Adjustable Overvoltage Protection Trip Level
- Wide Adjustable OVLO Threshold Range from +4V to +20V
- Preset Internal Accurate OVLO Thresholds: 6.8V±2.9% (MAX14738), 10V±3.0% (MAX14739)
- Additional Protection Features Increase System Reliability
- Soft-Start to Minimize In-Rush Current
- Internal 18ms Startup Debounce
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Minimize PCB Area
- 6-Bump WLP (1.3mm x 0.9mm)
- Mobile Internet Devices
- Tablet PCs
|Over Voltage Trip Level|
|Under Voltage Lockout|
|MAX14738||1||2.2||36||Adjustable (6.8V)||2||4||0.2||-40 to +85|
|See All Overvoltage Protection Controllers (78)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|