Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Zener characteristic with voltage snap-back to protect against ESD hits
- High avalanche voltage, low leakage and low capacitance avoid signal attenuation
- Compatible to all 5V logic families
- Space-saving, low-inductance TSOC surface-mount package
- Symmetric dual-port bondout to maximize energy dissipation in protection device
- Industrial temperature range
During normal operation the DS9502 behaves like a regular 7.5V Zener diode. When the voltage exceeds the trigger voltage, the I/V characteristic of the device will "snapback" allowing the same or higher amount of current to flow, but at a significantly lower voltage. As long as a minimum current or voltage is maintained, the device will stay in the "snapback mode." If the voltage or the current falls below the holding voltage or holding current, the device will abruptly change to its normal mode and conduct only a small leakage current.