Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Pin- and Function-Compatible with the LT1641-2 (MAX5947B)
- Provides Safe Hot Swap for +9V to +80V Power-Supply Range (MAX5947A/B/C)
- Safe Board Insertion and Removal from Live Backplanes
- Latched/Autoretry Management
- Active-Low or Active-High Power-Good Output
- Programmable Foldback Current Limiting
- High-Side Drive for an External N-Channel MOSFET
- Built-In Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Overvoltage Protection
- User-Programmable Supply Voltage Power-Up Rate
- 24V/48V Industrial/Alarm Systems
- Electronic Circuit Breakers
- Hot Board Insertion
- Industrial High-Side Switch/Circuit Breakers
- Network Routers and Switches
The MAX5933A-MAX5933F are available with a default undervoltage lockout threshold of +31V and operate over a supply voltage range of +33V to +80V. The MAX5947A/B/C are available with a default undervoltage of +8.3V. All devices feature a programmable analog foldback current limit. If the device remains in current limit for more than a programmable time, the external n-channel MOSFET is either latched off (MAX5933A/MAX5933C/MAX5947A) or is set to automatically restart after a timeout delay (MAX5933B/MAX5933D/MAX5933E/MAX5933F/MAX5947B/MAX5947C).
The MAX5933_ and MAX5947_ operate in the extended temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. These devices are available in an 8-pin SO package.