Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Provides Safe Hot Swap for -16V to -65V Power Supplies
- 280mA Current Limit
- Adjustable Undervoltage Threshold with a Default Set to -28V
- Zero-Current Detection
- Enable Input/Fault Output
- Adjustable Output-Voltage Gate Ramp
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Network Hubs, Switches, Routers
The MAX5911 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that demonstrates the MAX5911 fully integrated hot-swap solution for negative supply rails. The device allows the safe insertion and removal of circuit cards into live backplanes or ports without causing problematic glitches on the negative power-supply rail. The EV kit operates over a -16V to -65V voltage range and has an adjustable undervoltage lockout (UVLO) set by default to -28V. During startup, the device regulates the current between the backplane power source and the load to 280mA and monitors four fault parameters: UVLO, power-not-good, zero-current detection, and thermal shutdown.