Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- +2.7V to +13.2V Input Range
- Output Configured for +5V (Configurable from +2.7V to +13.2V)
- Up to 10A Capability (as Configured)
- Demonstrates Unique Current-Regulation Architecture
- Auxiliary VCC Feature
- Power-On Reset Circuit
- Configurable Autoretry
- Adjustable N-Channel MOSFET Gate Charging Time
- Configurable Glitch Filters
- Also Emulates MAX4271 and MAX4272 Hot-Swap Controllers
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX4273 controls the N-channel MOSFET and provides current regulation during startup. Several configurations allow the MAX4273 IC’s unique current regulation architecture to be tailored to the application. The current-limiting and short-circuit protection features are configurable and demonstrate the various features provided by the MAX4273 IC.
The EV kit features a power-on reset (POR) circuit. Several configurations for autoretry, glitch filters, auxiliary VCC power, and gate drive speed are provided. The EV kit can also be reconfigured to emulate the MAX4271 and MAX4272 hot-swap controllers.