2.7V to 18V, 15A, Hot-Swap Solution with Current Report Output
15A Hot-Swap Solution with Current Report
The MAX15093/MAX15093A ICs are integrated solutions for hot-swap applications requiring the safe insertion and removal of circuit-line cards from a live backplane. The devices integrate a hot-swap controller, 3.8mΩ power MOSFET, and an electronic circuit-breaker protection in a single package.
The devices integrate an accurate current-sense circuitry and provide 160µA/A of proportional output current. The devices are designed for protection of 2.7V to 18V supply voltages.
These devices implement a foldback current limit during startup to control inrush current lowering di/dt and keep the MOSFET operating under safe operating area (SOA) conditions. After the startup cycle is complete, on-chip comparators provide VariableSpeed/BiLevel™ protection against short-circuit and overcurrent faults, and immunity against system noise and load transients. The load is disconnected in the event of a fault condition. The devices are factory calibrated to deliver accurate overcurrent protection with ±10% accuracy. During a fault condition, the MAX15093 latches off, while the MAX15093A enters autoretry mode.
The devices feature an IN-to-OUT short-circuit detection before startup. The devices provide a power-MOSFET GATE pin to program the slew rate during startup by adding an external capacitor. The devices have overvoltage/undervoltage input pins that can detect an overvoltage/undervoltage fault and disconnect the IN from the OUT. Additional features include internal overtemperature protection, power-good output, and fault-indicator output.
The MAX15093/MAX15093A ICs are available in a 40-bump, 2.57mm x 4.03mm, power wafer-level package (WLP) and are rated over the -40°C to +105°C extended temperature range.
- Integration Reduces Solution Size for Blade Servers and Other Space-Constrained Designs
- Integrated 3.8mΩ (typ) Internal Power MOSFET Overvoltage Protection
- Power-Good and Fault Outputs
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Current Reporting Without Need for External RSENSE
- Thermal Protection
- Flexibility Enables Use in Many Unique Designs
- 2.7V to 18V Operating Voltage Range
- Adjustable Circuit-Breaker Current/Current-Limit Threshold
- Programmable Slew-Rate Control
- Variable-Speed Circuit-Breaker Response
- Latchoff (MAX15093) or Automatic Retry (MAX15093A) Options
- Safety Features Ensure Accurate, Robust Protection
- 15A Continuous Load Current Capability
- ±10% Circuit-Breaker Threshold Accuracy
- Inrush Current Regulated at Startup with Foldback
- Implementation for di/dt Control
- IN-to-OUT Short-Circuit Detection
- Disk Drive Power
- RAID Systems
- Server I/O Cards
- Storage Bridge Bay
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|